Blogger Layouts

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

TO AUTUMN..... LOVE, DADDY!

WELL, IT'S HARD TO BELIEVE THAT I'M A DADDY AGAIN, BUT I CAN TRULY SAY I AM QUITE EXCITED TO KNOW THAT GOD HAS PICKED YOU FOR US AND US FOR YOU. I ONLY WISH I COULD TELL YOU IN WORDS WHAT FEELINGS COME TO MY HEART AND MIND WHEN I THINK OF HAVING YOU HERE AS PART OF OUR FAMILY. AS THE DAYS PASS, I GET MORE ANXIOUS, AND I MUST ADMIT A LITTLE NERVOUS, BELIEVING AND TRUSTING THAT GOD WILL PROVIDE ALL THE MONEY TO BRING YOU HOME. YOUR MOMMY THAT I THINK IT'S ABOUT THE MONEY, BUT BETWEEN ME AND YOU, I JUST COULDN'T HANDLE THE DISAPPOINTMENT I WOULD BRING UPON YOUR MOMMY, SISTERS, AND BROTHERS IF FOR ANY REASON THINGS DIDN'T WORK OUT AS PLANNED. YOU ARE LOVED AND WANTED MORE THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY KNOW. AND AS ODD AS IT MAY SOUND, "YOU ARE MISSED". YOU SHOULD BE HERE WITH US ALL RIGHT NOW, AND I WOULDN'T HAVE TO WAIT ANY LONGER TO HOLD YOU SAFE IN MY ARMS. GOD IS GOOD, AND HE HAS A GREAT PLAN FOR YOUR LIFE. I DON'T DOUBT HE IS ABLE TO DO ALL THINGS, BUT THE MAN IN ME IS WEAK. I AM PRAYING THAT THIS VENTURE GOD HAS US ON, THAT HE IS DOING A WORK IN ALL OF US BECAUSE I KNOW HE IS IN ME. I PROMISE YOU, I WILL ALWAYS LOVE, PROTECT, PROVIDE, AND LAY DOWN MY LIFE FOR YOU JUST AS IF YOU WERE MY OWN FLESH AND BLOOD. AS ANY LOVING FATHER, I WILL BE STERN AT TIMES, BUT ALWAYS QUICK TO FORGIVE. IF ANYONE MIGHT EVER SAY YOU ARE NOT MINE, I WILL TELL THEM THAT YOU WERE BORN FOR ME, MOMMY, SISTERS, AND BROTHERS, AND LOVE IS GREATER THAN ANY DNA. LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU REAL SOON WITH GOD'S SPEED AND PROVISIONS. LOVE YOU WITH ALL MY HEART, DADDY.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Autumn is a very lucky girl to have a daddy who loves her so and is ready to protect and provide for his little girl so early on. It is love that matters and not DNA...

Karen
www.foreverfamiliesfororphans.blogspot.com

Mackenzie Rice said...

awwwww SOOOO sweet:):) love u guys and im praying for u!

Ilisa Ailts said...

Very sweet!

kecia said...

serious tears over this! There is something super special about the love between a daddy and his girl! THe night before we left to meet Mia, Kris (my husband) was vacuuming and he just started crying and said "I just want to get over there and wrap my arms around our little girl" Autumn is SO adorable and so is Laura...and all your kids! So sweet!

Sherry said...

Thank you all so much!! Love you, Kenzie <3 Kecia, Now I'm crying! Just picturing that melts my heart! So blessed that both our girls (and our other little ones, of course) have such wonderful daddies!

Summer said...

Hi, What a wonderful loving family, you all have. I will be praying that God helps you raise all the fund quickly to bring your sweet Autumn home. I was discussing your blog/family with a friend and she highly recommended Show Hope (Steven Curtis Chapman's foundation for adoption). I don't know if you have heard of it or checked it out, but they have many grants. The website is http://showhope.org/ Thank you for your ministry. You "heart" really moved me.

Sherry said...

Thank you so much, Summer :) Yes, I heard about Show Hope a couple of years ago before we thought about adoption. I will definately check it out now. Thanks for the information :) You are very sweet!

Cathy said...

Autumn is a blessed child to have such a loving family working SO hard to bring her home. Know that there are prayers being raised in thanksgiving that God has already provided the money you need and that your journey will be successful.