Blogger Layouts

Monday, July 4, 2011

Freedom

Well, I promised I'd write my first blog soon, so here it goes. I have never written one before, but I'm very excited and a little nervous about it. Today, as I sit here with my family, waiting to watch fireworks and celebrating the FREEDOM we have as Americans, I am so thankful!! I am blessed beyond words to be where I am. We have a God who loves us so very much and has given us much more than we deserve.....a wonderful family, great friends, good health, money to buy the things we need and even want, a home where we feel safe and comfortable with warm, cozy beds to lie down in each night. Even though we have all of that, there is one thing missing in our lives. That one thing is a little girl. A little girl who is living in an orphanage in Eastern Europe right now. A little girl who is waiting for a family to go and FREE her and who we want to name Autumn. Even though she doesn't know it yet, we are that family. We want to bring her here where we will show her what it feels like to have a family who loves and cares for her so very much! Our hearts ache for her.... knowing that she has no mommy or daddy or sisters or brothers to hold her, sing to her, cuddle with her and make her feel safe and secure. We want her to have all of that! It's going to be a long journey, but one that is so worth it! Thank you all for your love and support as we travel on this journey together to bring our little girl home <3

9 comments:

Ashley said...

I love this post, Mommy! I love you and I can't wait until Auttie is home with us where she will be FREE <3

nicole said...

God bless you for taking this journey. I love how you call her Auttie ~ so cute!

Anna Theurer said...

Hi Sherry,

Beautiful post! I will be closely following your journey to bring Autumn home.

my family said...

praying for her to come home soon

Candy said...

I am so happy to hear of your family and your quest to adopt! We have worked for a few other families and would LOVE to be of help to you! I am Shauna's mom and live in Banning and she lives in Eastvale (by Ontario). We all go to YCC. I have some friends there who want to help as well. Our sweet little Reagan (t-21, our granddaughter and Shauna's youngest) would love to meet your little one for sure! Thank you for starting up a blog!

Leah said...

lovely post, will be praying for your family.

Sherry said...

Thank you so much, everyone :) Candy, do you have an email address so I can talk to you more? That would be wonderful!

Jessica said...

Congratulations Sherry and family! Welcome to a crazy ride with RR adoptions. We are about 30% through ours and I can tell you some days will be easy and some will be tough. You will have times of uncertainty, but I hope the conviction outweighs them. Feel free to email me if you have any questions, or just need to vent! jessica(dot)vaness(at)gmail(dot)com

Kim said...

Congratulations! We are adopting Chloe from the same orphanage as Donna. I look forward to following your journey!

thesimpsonsix.blogspot.com